SF work s both at community and state level.
State level interventions include developing SF as a resource centre on Women’s Empowerment (Jharkhand Resource Centre), Gender Justice (Gender Resource Centre) and Child Rights and Protection (Task Force).
The functions of SF at state level includes:
- Capacity building (Thematic, Managerial and Advocacy)
- Knowledge Management (Research and studies, Publications, Promoting learning forums and Exchange programmes)
- Networking and Advocacy (Networking and alliance building, IEC and Joint campaigns, Policy dialogue and analysis)
- Technical Assistance and Consultancy (Technical support to other CSOs, Consultancy support and services).
At field level SF has defined its strategic focus by clarifying its mandate and making thorough analysis of its external and internal environments. To maximize the impact of its work SF provides direct field level intervention, execution and model building in the areas of Women Empowerment & Gender Justice, Child Rights & Protection, Sustainable Agriculture & Livelihood Promotion, Health and Capacity Building &Networking.
Understanding that women empowerment is the pivot for any equal and just society, SF is continuously working for collectivizing women to access & avail rights & entitlements’.
To ensure rights of children, SF is working with the most vulnerable children living in mining area including children with disability. SF believes that loving and caring family is best for children.
SF is working to enhance the reach of women, children and adolescent groups to quality & integrated health & nutrition services.
- HIV/AIDS prevention and integration – migrants
- ARSH (Adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights)
- Access to health care services and Safe motherhood
SF is working to promote sustainable agriculture farming with zero tolerance on chemical fertilizers and pests and enhance the livelihood opportunities for the community through skill development. SF is also working to recognize women as farmers.