Srijan Foundation (SF) is a Jharkhand based non-profit NGO formed by a group of socially committed young professionals in 1995 and formally registered in 7th February 2001 under the Indian Trust Act 1882. Since inception, SF has been working directly with the community, particularly with women and children, struggling with poverty, social exclusion and gender injustice. Keeping them in the focus SF is working for the all-round development by ensuring their rights within the human rights approach.
SF carries out its activities around its thematic areas-
- Women Empowerment & Gender Justice
- Child Rights and Protection
- Women, Adolescent & Child Health
- Sustainable Agriculture & Livelihood Promotion
- Capacity Building, Networking & Advocacy
To create an egalitarian, empowered and self-reliant society.
To build the capacity of the community in general and the grass root organizations in particular t take up the responsibility to further enhancing the capacities of the most marginalized and vulnerable sections for their empowerment and self-reliance.
- Promoting and protecting rights and entitlements of children with demonstrated intervention models of child protection and care.
- Facilitating gender justice, promoting and protecting rights and entitlements of women with dignity and participation of women in all spheres of life for an empowered, gender sensitive and violence-free just society.
- Creating models of sustainable agriculture and livelihood options to improve quality of lives of the poor marginalized and excluded.
- Promoting collective action among CBOs and Civil Society Organizations by building capacities and technical expertise to effectively address the issues affecting the lives of women and children, both at grassroots and policy level
- Developing capacities of SF for efficient and effective functioning to become a centre of excellence on gender, child rights and protection and livelihood in a systemic, transparent and accountable work culture.
To facilitate the process of creation of an inclusive and equitable development of the most marginalised, vulnerable and socially excluded communities (particularly women and children) in the state of Jharkhand by building capacities of CBOs and Civil Societies, a creation of development models and articulation of demands and realisation of the rights of the target communities.
SF believes in TEAMWORK and JOINT APPROACH. It believes in community-based approach through which it prepares need-based project by ensuring community share and involvement. The responsibilities of community groups and organization are laid down prior to the implementation of the project activities. Beneficiary groups are formed to ensure regular review, monitoring, and analysis of the project initiatives. After the finalization of the project, it believes in handing over the ownership of the activities implemented. This helps in community-based monitoring and management of the activities done. Regular review and analysis are made at organizational and community level.